PHP DataValidator - Tool For General Data Checks.
ApPHP DataValidator is a simple lightweight tool useful for primary general data checks. It handles numbers, strings, emails, URLs. A range of parameters is provided for a wide variety of different verifications. All parameters are used optionally and could be switched on and off for every specific value.
The DataValidator component accepts an array or an object as data container, so it can be easily used to check values got by HTTP request, obtained from database, parsed XML or CSV file or any other source as soon as data are in correct format (array(‘key’=>’value’)). Error handling is made easy and flexible. If validation process fails, you can either obtain a generated error-message or use error-details for logging and user informing in you own style.
Data validation is typically used to make sure that incoming data has a certain quality/value. The validation process is running on a server-side.
This component may be used
- For database data validation
- For check of function parameters or returned values validation
- For web forms data validation
- Checks numbers for type
- Checks hexadecimal numbers
- Check float numbers for precision
- Checks strings for size, pointing and spaces
- Checks strings with any set of meta-characters
- Checks strings with a regular expression
- Allows to switch Unicode support on and off
- Checks URL for correct format
- Checks e-mail for correct format
- Checks SSN for correct format
- OneOfSet validation type
- Chain of Responsibility pattern
- Checks phone number for correct format
- Checks postcode for correct format
- Checks for confirmation field or value match
- Stop after first validation failure or kept through all
- Returns errors in a convenient way
- Default data source is an array of HTTP request
- Accepts any type of data sources
- Accepts JSON as data source
- Accepts XML as data source
- Multi-Language support
- PHP 5.x or later